Plant hops at home with the hop grower kit, it contains everything you need to grow a hop plant in your garden or on your balcony!
The Hop Maker Kit includes:
- Hop plant: Tradition, Northern Brewer or Hersbrücker.
- 50 liter non-woven culture tray
- Planting soil, usable in Organic Agriculture
- Miscanthus mulching to maintain substrate humidity and prevent the development of undesirable plants
- 7.5m coco tutor string
- Variety identification plate
- Planting guide
For any order of a hop kit before April 15, delivery is free with the code “kitduhoublonnier”
5 steps to plant your hops:
- Place the culture tray outside in a ventilated, partially sunny place with the possibility of hanging the guardian string in height, in an angle of 60° minimum
- Make several knots at one end of the guardian string, place this end at the bottom of the bag, leave the rest of the coil outside.
- Put the potting soil in the grow bag, make a hole with your hand, place the hop plant in it with the collar (the place where the roots and the white hop shoots start) at surface level, cover of potting soil to create a small mound. Tamp the soil around the plant by hand.
- Water with 2 liters of water
- Hang the string at a height, with a maximum angle of 60° in relation to the ground, ideally plumb.
- After about ten days, the vines appear. After about twenty days they can be rolled up delicately around the coconut thread, clockwise.
In September, when the cones are fragrant and pale green, it’s time to harvest them: you can use them in brewing, herbal tea or put them in your pillows for peaceful nights!
Don’t hesitate to recommend the Hop Grower’s Kit to your friends, relatives, colleagues!
Contact us on the site thanks to the chat bubble for any question about culture 😉